Put off your mask
Accutane is an effective and forceful medicine that was created for people suffering from acne disease. Most doctors prescribe Accutane when other pills can't cope with your acne, because it is a kind of medicine, taking which, you risk your health a lot.
How does it work?
Accutane is a derivation of vitamin A. Its action on a cellular level isn't discovered yet. Acne may develop in four main ways and this medicine destroys acne bacteria in all 4 cases.
The list of things you must avoid
- Accutane reduces to a minimum the quantity of oil produced by oil glands;
- Most of acne bacteria are situated in your skin oil. As its quantity is reduced the quantity of acne is reduced as well.
- Accutane also reduces the speed of creating of new skin cells. It helps pores not to be blocked.
- This medicine is characterized by the presence of anti-inflammatory action.
Being very strong medicine Accutane can help you to get rid of your disease but at the same time your treatment can lead to serious side effects. In order to save your health you should avoid some risk factors.
- Pregnancy. One of the side effects of Accutane is that it can cause serious defects to your child if you are pregnant or get pregnant during the period of taking this medicine. During the treatment you should use birth control and condoms to avoid pregnancy. Also it is needed to make a pregnancy test one month before and one month after taking Accutane.
- Don't give your blood while you are taking pills and some time after stop taking. Your blood during the period of taking Accutane contains a great amount of Vitamin A which can be dangerous for the person who will get your blood, especially if she is pregnant. Even if patient with your donated blood isn't pregnant it can cause a great variety of side effects.
- Avoid driving at night. Taking of this medicine may make your vision worse, especially night vision.
- Don't wear contact lenses during the period of taking pills. It will be very uncomfortable and you may have lots of difficulties wearing lenses, so just try not to wear them.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments. Visiting of cosmetologist during the period of treatment can change its result.
- Don't sunbathe for a long time and avoid direct sun rays. Taking of Accutane increase the possibility to get sunburned quickly, and it is also harmful for your skin.
First results of Accutane can disappoint you because during the first three or four weeks you may notice that your acne became worse.
But you shouldn't worry and stop taking pills it is just the first reaction of your body to such amount of vitamin A. During the next few months you will notice considerable changes in your body, acne will start to disappear.
Approximately five or six month should pass before you see the final result. It will greatly impress you. Of course every person has its own reaction to medicines so it may take you more time to get rid of this disease but don't worry in the end of treatment you will be pleased to see a new beautiful reflection in your mirror.
Accutane and Diets
The majority of people, suffering from acne disease, are ready to do anything to forget about acne as about nightmare. But they actually don't have to do much.
Just to follow some special not very difficult diet and take pills. This diet is necessary to avoid side effects which Accutane can bring.
As this medicine contains a great amount of vitamin A you should try to choose your products not to overdose with vitamin A. The best thing is to avoid eating sweet potatoes, carrot, liverspinach, red pepper and so on. If you are taking supplementary vitamins you should check if they contain vitamin A, because extra dose of this vitamin won't bring you any good.